We just received notice that our proposal for a singletrack trail system in Sheehan Park will be on the City Council's meeting agenda for May 19th.
To bring you up to speed:
- The Parks and Recreation Commission are suggesting the council not approve the proposal.
- We still feel Sheehan Park is the best place within Sun Prairie to build a sustainable, multi-use singletrack trail system.
At this meeting we anticipate one of three actions occurring:
- The City Council could vote in favor of the proposal
- They could follow the P&R Commission's suggestion and not approve the proposal
- They could postpone the discussion for a later time such as with the Committee of the Whole
We hope you will plan on attending and showing your support.
This will occur during the May 19th City Council Meeting at 7pm. This will occur upstairs at the City Hall building located at 300 East Main Street.
Copies of the proposal and additional details can be found here: