Wow, what a night!
More than 50 riders attended our first Sun Prairie based Bike Week activity. Many brought friends and family and it appeared that everyone had a great time.
We feel the Bikes, Brats and Brews event was a success and some quick thanks are in order:
- Thanks to all of you who celebrated Wisconsin Bike Week with us in Sun Prairie.
- Thanks to members of the Sun Prairie Bicycle Advocacy Group for putting on the event.
- Thanks to Nick, Peter, Chris and Doug for leading the rides.
- Thanks to Al, Betty, Nick and others who manned the grill.
- Thanks to Sun City Cyclery and Skates for providing the root beer keg and a fun raffle.
- Thanks to everyone who brought food and drinks to share.
- And thanks to everyone who helped spread the word regarding our event.
Though we feel the event was a success, we know there is room for improvement. With that in mind, we hope you will take ten minutes to participate in an online survey. That short (8 question) survey can be found here:
Please only fill in this survey if you participated in one of our rides during this event. Also, please remind your friends who rode to take part in the survey. If you attended the event and did not ride and still want to provide feedback, please use the Contact Us form at the bottom of our website or post a comment to this post or in our Facebook Group.
If you enjoyed our Bikes, Brats and Brews event and would like to be kept informed of future events, please consider one of these options:
- Join our Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/234962053349833/ to participate in discussions and be one of the first to know of future events.
Note: Lots of photos from this event are being loaded in this Facebook group. Don't forget to tag yourself.
- Sign up for email updates at: https://sunprairiemoves.org/get-involved/
You can sign up for a variety of emails though we suggest the Weekly Blog Recap which is sent out once a week on Friday.
- Become a member of the group. There are no fees involved, just time and a little dedication. Let us know through the Facebook group or through the contact form on our website that you are interested and how much time you can devote.
As an aside, we are looking for a volunteer to project manage our Trail Continuity efforts.
As a reminder, we discovered a problem with the online form on our website that prevented us from responding to your messages. We have repaired the form so this is no longer an issue. However, those of you who reached out prior to this event, we don't have your email and thus are unable to contact you. With that in mind, please consider providing your contact details with the survey or contacting us, again, thru our website.
- Our next group project is a bike corral (valet) at the Strawberry Fest on June 20th. We hope to see you there.
- It was also suggested that we consider bicycle maintenance classes. If interested, please comment below or on our Facebook group.