Sun Prairie must be doing something right! In 2019 Sun Prairie was recognized as an Wisconsin Active Together community and awarded Bronze status Bicycle Friendly Community. People outside the bicycling community may ask: So what?
They may say: I don't bike! Why should that matter to me? Well, here is why that should matter to you! Are you concerned about any of the following:
- Too much traffic?
- Can't find employees?
- Would like to live healthier?
- Worried about retail (small, local) businesses?
- Rising transportation costs?
Did you know that multi-modal (active) transportation affects all of the above? We need your help letting people outside the bicycling community know about this! Tell your employer. Tell your elected officials. Tell local business owners. Tell your friends and family!
- Bikeways make places (think homeowners, properties) more valuable
- Bikeways help companies attract talent (employees)
- Bike commuters are healthier and more productive
- Bike facilities increase retail stores' visibility and sales
- Bicycling saves a city money
- Bicycling reduces congestion and reduces the need for more freeways
- Bicycling saves in health related cost
Read this article to get more details on how and why funding and supporting bicycle infrastructure should be supported by everyone!