On May 20 we are holding our (virtual) Ride of Silence. Last year we had some great participation. We want to encourage you to log miles that day on LoveToRide in honor of someone who got injured or lost their life while bicycling.
- We want to encourage our participants to ride solo, with their family or same household members or "virtually" (on a trainer). Please keep these simple rules in mind:
- 1. Ride in silence
- 2. Remember and honor those who've been hit & killed while riding or seriously injured
- 3. Ride slowly and a relatively short distance - this is not a race
- 4. Wear a helmet & obey road laws for bicyclists
- Take a selfie photo or 2 and use the hashtag #RideofSilence2020 and location of the event when posting their rides on social media. Posting on the Facebook page is especially encouraged: https://www.facebook.com/rideofsilence/
- This will allow us to get a good sense for how many people participated this year, & will be something the media may also use for researching their stories about our events around the world.
Last year, our first annual Ride of Silence - Sun Prairie was in honor of our friend Annie Rubens. If you would like to participate in her honor, please consider donating to our ice-cream for essential workers project- - 5.31.20, our colleagues and friends can celebrate their hard work with a cone on us! Use the QR code to donate, and Deb Holland will present the funds in Annie's memory to DQ Sun Prairie for the 31st.